7.20.2008

So Far... BYU, Asia and Waves

Well I am back. I decided to put an update on here of what I've been doing all summer. First of all, let's begin with what I did BEFORE this summer came upon us.

I just finished by first year at BYU. It was a great experience and I am excited to go back and get back to work. I took some really cool classes that I thoroughly enjoyed, however, none of them seemed to help me determine what my major should be. I have been thinking about it a lot. I'll keep you posted on that.

Anyway, school finished back in May, and since then, I have been having all kinds of adventures.

Firstly, my mom, dad and I all went to Asia at the end of May. We visited the Philippines, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and mainland China. I LOVED being in Asia and seeing how different things were there. Some highlights were: I got to see my 106 year old great-grandma in the Philippines (she just recently died a week ago), I ate some crazy foods and delicious fruits, I rode an elephant, took a tour on the Chao Phraya (see the picture to the left), I got some nice massages, and I got to go to mainland China, which we actually were not planning on. The scariest part: the gross restaurants we ate it in China. Not to mention the bathrooms! However, it was a great experience and I can't wait to go back to Asia.

Let's see... After Asia I began working at my dad's law office. I really like it there. The people who work there are really nice and I feel like I'm learning a lot. That's all I have to say about that.

We also went to Hawaii for a week in June, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here is a picture of me surfing. We (Dad, Butch and I) took some surfing lessons at Waikiki. Our teacher was a white black man, if you know what I mean. His name was Virgil and he was the epitome of a beach bum. It was a lot of fun, and as you can see, I caught some HUGE waves. Just check out that monster of a wave I'm riding in the picture!

Since then, I have been working, helping my mom with plans for Jordan and Rose's wedding, and just hanging out/chillaxin'. We have also gone to California to visit my Aunt Ellen and Uncle Kevin a few times, plus Utah to see my siblings and such. We are returning to Hawaii in August as well. Hopefully I'll catch some more of those killer waves.

2 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Wow! That is a big wave.

Natascha said...

There's not even a wave in the picture.