Whoa.
I just got back from the spa at the Grand America in Salt Lake City. My mom and I went there this morning at 9:15 and we did not finish until 4:30. That's almost 7 hours straight of pampering. Geez, am I spoiled.
First we got a massage which felt soooo good. It was aromatherapy and the scents I chose were mandarin and sun. To be honest, I couldn't really smell it, but it felt good nonetheless. They also gave us an elixir before the massage began. The elixir had some mysterious fruits in it that made you relax or something like that. But the real treat was that they had some chocolates there ready for us to eat. Yum! Except the chocolate made my mouth all dry during the massage.
Then I got a pedicure. That was very nice but I still have gross, dry heels.
After the pedicure I got a facial which felt really good. However, one part of the facial was pure torture. This is what facialists have dubbed: extractions.
Extraction: to get, pull, or draw out, usually with special effort, skill, or force.
-Dictionary.com
Extraction: The most painful procedure a person can endure.
-My definition
When they do an extraction, they basically squeeze out all of the gunk from your pores. They use this tiny little tool so that you feel all the pressure and pain in one small point on your face. I started crying but not of my own free will.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my day at the spa... extractions 'n' all.
2 comments:
Hi,
I am absolutely speechless. I just happened to see your blog and my name is Hannah Faux too! No kidding. I didn't know anyone else had that name.
Amen to your extraction comment!! I have milia (google it!) - tons of them so my face gets pricked/expressed several times in the same general area. I found this great dermatologist who gave me this exfoliating medication so my milia is kinda controlled or perhaps I no longer care about smooth skin so I don't ever want to get another extraction!!
Post a Comment