7.28.2009

Change

The other day we went to a city in Galilee called Akko. As I was walking through the streets, I saw an inspiring image:

I was touched that the people of this small town were so proactive in their call for change. There were many unassuming spots of the city that had this word painted on it. It was nice knowing that people cared enough about changing the world for the better that they would do such simple, yet brilliant act to encourage others to care about change as well. I finally knew that altruism truly does exist simply because of these signs.

Here is another one, with an arrow representing how we should be moving steadily forward all the time.

As I turned the corner, I saw yet another sign entitled "Change". This sign was the big finale that all the other "change"es had been pointing to.

4 comments:

CFaux said...

Hmmm.....a sign to you that sometimes what seems bright and shiny is merely an illusion and that in the end what you thought was ethereal could also be usurpious?

Moral of the story: Perception is everything....until the end?

Natascha said...

Did you at least use that money changer?

Ro Ro Riot said...

The way you built up to that was genius.

Hannah Faux said...

To answer Ta's question, I actually did not use the money changer. And I actually did not take a picture of the real money changer. This is just a picture I found online.